For years now, we've suggested Websites that may be of great interest to CCT's valued readers. Our hidden goal is to help make everyone computer literate. So, get surfin', dudes! If we've missed some of your favorite Internet destinations, please send suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. www.americanclassic.com - American Classic Truck Parts specializes in providing components for '36-87 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
2. www.antiqueautomobileradio.com - Antique Automobile Radio Inc. provides automotive radios with modern electronics that use the original faces and mechanisms.
3. www.chevsofthe40s.com - Chevs of the 40's has over 8,000 parts available for '37-54 Chevrolet cars and trucks
4. www.chuckstrucksllc.com - Chuck's Trucks provides parts for '32-79 Ford trucks. They also do restoration work on trucks
5. www.classicbowtie.com - Classic Bowtie Connection has been in business for over 25 years. They specialize in '55-57 Chevy car components, but also supply '55-72 Chevy and GMC truck components.
6. www.cliffsclassicchevrolet.com - Cliff's Classic Chevrolet specializes in parts for '55-57 Chevy cars and '55-59 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
7. www.doubledparts.com - Double D's Custom Trucks and Rods supplies parts and accessories for '47-72 Chevrolet or GMC trucks
8. www.earlyford.com - Since 1993 Early Ford V-8 Sales Inc. has supplied parts and accessories for '28-64 Ford passenger cars and pickup trucks.
9. www.eastwoodco.com - Eastwood Company provides tools and supplies for automotive restorations.
10. www.larryscarsparts.com - Larry's Cars & Parts specializes in Ford parts for cars and trucks from 1940 and up.
Events AugustAugust 5-6 - essex junction, Vt: Calling all tough guys and 4x4 owners! Make sure to rumble up to the 12th Annual Bond Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals presented by Toyo Tires at the Champlain Valley Expo, where you can peruse New England's finest 4x4 event, which features killer custom show trucks, awesome Dodge monster truck racing, Mickey Thompson Tough Trucks, and the Comp Cams NMRO Championship Mud Drag Racing presented by TCI Automotive. Trust us, it's gonna rock! $45 registration fee. Contact www.family-events.com for more info.
AUGUST 18-20 - Waukesha, WI: Rods, customs, classics, and musclecars through 1972 will converge at the 17th Great Lakes Nationals presented by Optima Batteries at the Waukesha County Expo Center. The event will feature vendor and manufacturer exhibits, a Goodgals gallery, a swap meet and Cars 4 Sale Corral, a model car show, live nostalgia entertainment, a kid's play area, and special awards like the Goodguys Fab 5, 2006 Muscle Car of the Year, and Classic Trucks Top 10. Special parking areas Saturday for Homebuilt Heaven, Mighty Muscle ('55-72), and Youngguys show 'n' shine vehicles. Admission is the bargain-basement price of $15. Contact www.good-guys.com, (925) 838-9876. See you in Waukesha!
Air Ride Technologies Sponsors Goodguys' Street Machine Of The Year For 2006Air Ride Technologies will sponsor the 2006 Street Machine of the Year Award to be presented at the Goodguys 9th PPG Nationals July 7-9 at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio.
Street machines from '49-72 are eligible for the award. Most vintage custom truck fans also enjoy muscle machines, so this prize should be interesting. The basic criteria for the award is a street machine with performance, handling, stance, quality of craftsmanship and functionality. Those interested in entering the 2006 Street Machine of the Year competition should park their car in the Pro's Pick area at the Goodguys 9th PPG Nationals on Saturday, July 8.
The selection committee, which includes Goodguys officials as well as selected media and builders, will be making their top five selections from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Pro's Pick area. The top five finalists will then take part in the final awards ceremony Saturday evening July 8 inside the Celeste Center at the Ohio Expo Center, where the overall winner will be announced.
Some of the past winners include 2005's Roy Pigford and his 1966 Chevy Nova, 2004's Kathy Lange and her 1955 Ford Thunderbird, 2003's Glenn Grozich and his 1962 Chevy Biscayne, and 2002's Denny Terzich and his 1956 Chevy.