Get your mouse clicks in by visiting some cool truck- and car-related websites. There are some esoteric locations this month, so snap on your automotive entertainment cap. If we've missed some of your favorite internet destinations, please send suggestions to: email@example.com.
1. www.autointell.com - Auto Intell claims to be the web source for automotive professionals and car enthusiasts. Sounds like a website we'd like to visit.
2. www.autopictures.com - Auto Pictures posts visitor-shot automobile photos. There is an abundance of cool cars and trucks to take a gander at here. You can send your photos in as well.
3. www.bumpstop.com - This site was created for the love of cars, by and for car enthusiasts.
4. www.ronfrancis.com - Ron Francis' WireWorks offers street rod wiring systems using high-quality components designed specifically for the do-it-yourself hobbyist.
5. www.chevy59.com - Chevy59.com is a dedicated resource for information about the Chevrolet passenger cars of '59, and to the fins and eyebrows that ushered out a decade.
6. www.classics.com - Recognizing some of CCT's readers also enjoy bone-stock restored classics, classics.com caters to those tastes.
7. www.mydailydriver.com - My Daily Driver is dedicated to the drivers of classic cars.
8. www.paintscratch.com - Paint Scratch specializes in automotive touch-up paint for your car, truck, or SUV.
9. www.seriouswheels.com - This is an internet source for high-quality classic car pictures, wallpapers, and information. From vintage vehicles to musclecars to custom classic pickups, you'll find it here.
10. www.motorbase.com - The site is an encyclopedia of motoring containing: knowledge, references, directories, meeting places, classifieds and shopping.
EventsJanuaryJanuary 20-22 -Pomona, CA: The Grand National Roadster Show, to be held at the L.A. County Fairplex, has over 300,000 square feet for up to 400 hot rods, customs, and motorcycles on display, drawing all the motorheads in Southern California to the mecca of Motorsports, the Grand National Roadster Show. The Fairplex is known for its automotive events, including: The L.A. Roadster Father's Day Show, The NHRA Museum and Drag Racing Events, Goodguys Nostalgia Drags, George Cross & Sons Swap Meets, the Pomona Nitro Nationals, and now the Grand Daddy of them all!
FebruaryFEBRUary 25-26 - MONTICELLO, IA: The 37th Annual O'Reilly Auto Parts Rod & Custom Car Show will be held Saturday and Sunday at the Monticello Berndes Center (Youth Center Building). Prizes include travel money, Budweiser trophies, and Hardee's cash awards from street rods, customs, street machines, race cars, pickups, and motorcycles. For more info, contact Galen Muller, 853 Southhaven Dr., Monticello, IA 52310; call (319) 465-5119 or (319) 465-5380; visit www.rodandcustomcarshow.com.
AprilAPRIL 1-2 - FREDERICKSBURG, TX: The 2nd Annual O'Reilly Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree will be held at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds. Last year, the event drew 654 trucks-expect that to double this year. Look for rock crawling, monster truck racing, Mikey Thompson Tough Trucks, and the show-n-shine program. For more information, visit www.family events.com, or call (317) 236.6522.
MayMAY 6-7 - SPRINGFIELD, MO: The 9th Annual O'Reilly Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree returns to the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds this year. The event hosted 789 trucks last year, and with the possibility of a rock crawl in front of the grandstands, more trucks will come to play. Monster trucks and STOCK Tough Trucks will be the big features for this event. For more information, visit www.familyevents.com, or call (317) 236.6522.
MAY 19-21 - LIMA, OH: The 21st Annual Advance Auto Parts Spring 4-Wheel Jamboree ventures into western Ohio to the famed Allen County Fairgrounds. 1,065 four-wheelers came out last year. This is the first full-blown jambo of the year with a full schedule of NMRO Mud Drag Racing, Mickey Thompson Tough Trucks, Monster Truck Thunder Drags, and custom show trucks. For more information, visit www.family events.com, or call (317) 236.6522.
JulyJULY 7-9 - BLOOMSBURG, PA: The 19th Annual Summer 4-Wheel Jamboee will feature over 3,000 trucks. Every 4x4 truck-owner on the East Coast will want to attend this three-day bash. For more information, visit www.family events.com, or call (317) 236.6522.
Fairlane's New PresidentFairlane Company, of Milford, Michigan, is a premier supplier of vintage classic Chevy and Ford parts. The company recently announced new owner John Garshott would also act as company president. Known for its ability to produce the finest-quality fiberglass reproductions, Fairlane Company will maintain most of its current inventory, and has plans to offer some new items as well. Garshott comments, "Like many of our customers, I have over 20 years of experience in the automotive business, working at tier-one suppliers in processing and cost control. I joined Ford Motor Company in 1989 starting in product development and finance, with responsibilities for new vehicle budgets from clay-modeling to Job One."
John's experience at Ford has helped him reduce the cost of Fairlane components by 20 to 30 percent while maintaining meticulous quality. Among the items produced are quality hoods, fenders, dashboards, grilles, and other precision components for the most outstanding autos and trucks of our time. Fairlane Company also offers a three-year warranty and post-delivery personalized follow-up. For more information, contact Fairlane Company, Dept. CCT, 1500 Alter Rd., Milford, MI 48381; call (248) 676-9293; visit www.fairlanecompany.com.