In the good old days, a surf grommet could paddle out within a secluded cove and have some rolling tubes all to his- or herself. That was before the World Wide Web-now everyone's on the net. Hopefully, you have a high-speed DSL or cable modem connection. You can paddle as fast as all the other blokes and visit some outstanding vintage custom truck and automotive sites. Happy hunting, dudettes and dudes! If we've missed some of your favorite internet destinations, please send suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.www.nolimitengineering.com - No Limit Engineering has grown for 20 years now. The company has pioneered many changes in hot rodding: power brakes, sway bars, and 4-brakes that work-and more. No Limit's goal is to build the best performing parts for real world rods.
2. rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com - Since 1971, Rock Valley Auto Parts has provided top-quality mechanical and body parts for '28-76 automobiles and trucks.
3. www.flex-a-lite.com - Many enthusiasts have heard of Flex-a-lite and use its products. Manufacturerers of high-performance belt-driven and electric engine-cooling fans, engine- and transmission-oil coolers, and accessories for over 36 years, Flex-a-lite also recently introduced some pretty cool (pun intended) aluminum radiators, which can keep a hobbyist cruising in the hottest of temperatures.
4. www.jimweimerrodgarage.com - For nearly eight years, Jim Weimer Rod Garage has designed and manufactured superior-quality street rod parts. Many street rod parts for cars and trucks, such as chassis and suspension parts have been designed and manufactured in its shop.
5. www.godmanhiperfor mance.com - Godman Hi-Performance specializes in providing high-performance hoses and fitting for hobbyists' chassis/ engine plumbing requirements. A well-plumbed custom classic truck is apt to run well and leak not.
6. www.carolinacustom.com - Founded in 1985 as a small business with one product, Carolina Custom has steadily grown to offer a line of unique products, most of which were conceived to fulfill a particular need in the street rodding hobby.
7. www.johnsonshotrod shop.com - Award-winning street rod fabrication takes experience. Alan, the owner of Johnson's Hot Rod Shop, represents the third generation of automotive craftsmanship in the Johnson family, who operate W-J Body Shop, Inc., one of the largest body shops in the southeast. Alan grew up using the latest tools of the trade, and now he and his team of skilled craftsman are prepared to turn your hot rod visions into fine art.
8. www.julianos.com - Juliano's Hot Rod Parts & Interior Products has served the custom truck/street rod industry for 30 years! Juliano's will continue to offer quality and innovative products at a fair and reasonable price.
9. www.flamingengraving.com - When visiting Flaming Engraving Street Rod Accessories, be careful not to catch fire. They claim to have everything you need to transform your ride from mild to wild.
10. www.posiesrodsandcustoms.com - Posies Rods and Customs is the home of Super Slide Springs, hot rod parts, and original statements (as in some ultra cool customs). Posies has been building quality cars since 1964 and has become a leading name in the industry.
Events NovemberNOV 5-6 - OCALA, FL: Florida Mopar Association's 18th Annual Mopars w/ Big Daddy's show will be held Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine at Garlits' Museum of Drag Racing. The largest Mopar-only event in the southeast, with 250 vendors and 250-plus show vehicles, the show is free for spectators. For more info, contact Buddy Lewis at (407) 957-7501 (vendors), Mike Volpe at (813) 963-6105 (show cars), or Bob Hodson at (407) 275-9716 (AMC/AMX); visit clubs.hemmings.com/floridamopars.
NOV 6 - Chesterbrook, PA: Chester County Cruisers Cruise Night at the Chesterbrook Shopping Center, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring one new unwrapped toy for an entrance fee. Top 20 and Best of Show awards. For more info, contact Chester County Cruisers at (610) 647-0401; e-mail email@example.com.
DecemberDEC 4 - Pomona, CA: The West Coast's Largest Antique Auto, Corvette, Porsche, Street Rod & VW Swap Meet & Car Show held at Fairplex, Pomona, CA. For more info, write George Cross & Sons, Inc., P.O. Box 3923, Tustin, CA 92781; call (714) 538-7091; visit www.pomonaswap meet.com.
JanuaryJanuary 20-22 - Pomona, Ca: The Grand National Roadster Show, to be held at the L.A. County Fairplex, has over 300,000 square feet for up to 400 hot rods, customs, and motorcycles on display, drawing all the motorheads in Southern California to the mecca of Motorsports, the Grand National Roadster Show. The Fairplex is known for its automotive events, including: The L.A. Roadster Father's Day Show, The NHRA Museum and Drag Racing Events, Goodguys Nostalgia Drags, George Cross & Sons Swap Meets, the Pomona Nitro Nationals, and now the Grand Daddy of Them All!
Chenet's Cool CalendarNow in its seventh year, fhe 2006 Hot Rods Calendar by Rich Chenet is full of great cars and trucks, featured in large, 12x12 photos. For the New Year, your garage or shop should not be without one. The price is $12.99 plus $4.50 shipping and handling (in U.S.A.; $7.00 to Canada). Available through Chenet Photo, P.O. Box 409, Warrendale, PA 15086-0409; check it out on the web at www.chenetphoto.com.