Once again, we bring you some tasty web surf sites to paddle out to. And you don't even have to wear sunscreen, unless you're outside on your wireless laptop computer. If we've missed some of your favorite internet destinations, please send suggestions to: customclassic@ primediacmmg.com.
1.www.gardenofspeedin.com - As an information source and supplier of automotive how-to books, this company was founded in 1994 as Motorhead Matchmaker. For years, they've had people tell them they love and trust the company so much they'd like to purchase products from them. So Garden of Speedin' now offers all kinds of items for vintage and new cars and trucks at discounted prices, delivered right to your door.
2. www.fast-autos.net - Most of CCT's readers have vintage custom trucks that are able to haul most rapidly. It figures that CCT's customers would also be interested in "the world of fast automobiles."
3. www.pebblebeachconcours.net - Many hot rod hauler hobbyists may also be interested in fully restored classic automobiles. The place to appreciate the best is at the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance every year in mid-August. This year's event will be held on Sunday, August 21.
4. www.laguna-seca.com - On August 19-21, the hills around Monterey will once again echo with the sounds of racing cars from a bygone era with the running of the premier historic automobile event in North America-the 32nd Annual Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races Presented by Chrysler. This year's featured marque is Chaparral, part of an overall tribute to "Great American Specials," paying homage to American ingenuity in the early days of big-time motor racing.
5. www.autobahnpower.com - Established in 1974, Autobahn has been dedicated to maximizing the driving experience by providing exceptional performance and styling accessories for autophiles' cars and trucks.
6. www.fastlanecars.com - Fast Lane started in 1994 when owner David Williams sold his first car on consignment out of his garage. Recovering from a devastating hit-and-run motorcycle accident that left him on crutches for five years after 27 surgeries, Williams was stuck in St. Louis. A close friend of his lent him the money to start Fast Lane Classic Cars and the rest is history. Now, 10 years later, Fast Lane Classic Cars has grown to two indoor showrooms housing over 170 vehicles. The facility boasts a two-level gift shop as well as a full service center.
7. www.dragers .com - Drager's sells '30s, '40s, '50s, and '60s American cars, as well as old motorcycles, pedal cars, toys, old bikes, signs, automobilia, and stuff.
8. www.autofacts .ca/classics - Auto Facts will securely store all automotive registry data in its databases. It can also electronically store copies of any pertinent documentation (e.g., build sheets, broadcast sheets, spec sheets) in its secure servers. Historical data & documentation in the registry can be made available to registrants, owners, collectors and connoisseurs upon submission of a data request following registration. For interesting historical information on the automotive arena, visit Auto Facts.
9. www.deanskoolcars.com - Deans Kool Cars' owner, Dean Thompson, creates large contour cut auto portraits of your favorite cars to show on any wall. For auto and motorsport enthusiasts, this is unique pop art that makes a kool statement about your favorite ride.
10. www.carartinc.com - Peter Aylett founded Car Art after a 25-year career as an automotive design engineer. The great-grandson of a London carriage maker, he developed an early appreciation for the art of car design, particularly '50s American fins, '60s Italian exotics, and British sports cars.
EventsSeptemberSepT 9-11 - RIVERSIDE, MO: 6th Annual Midwest All Truck Nationals to be held at EH Young Riverfront Park; benefit for Marine Toys for Tots. For more info, visit www.alltrucknats.com; e-mail info@alltruck nats.com.
SepT 17-18 - Medford, NJ: Jersey Truck Fest at the Flying W Airport Resort. Truck show, USACI stereo contest, bikini contest, and much more! For more info, call (732) 657-8852; visit jerseytruckfest.com.
SepT 18-22 - McConnelsville, OH: 22nd Annual M&M Jaycees Fall Festival Open Truck and Auto Show at the Morgan County Fairgrounds. Includes parts swap meet, and flea market with 28 classes and 90 trophies. For more info, contact Walter Dalzell at (740) 982-4213 or (740) 962-4402.
OctoberOct 16 - Pomona, CA: The West Coast's Largest Antique Auto, Corvette, Porsche, Street Rod & VW Swap Meet & Car Show held at Fairplex, Pomona, CA. For more info, write George Cross & Sons Inc., P.O. Box 3923, Tustin, CA 92781; call (714) 538-7091; visit www.pomonaswap meet.com.
Oct 22 - Chesterbrook, PA: Chester County Cruisers Cruise Night at the Chesterbrook Shopping Center. Entrance fee is a non-perishable food item for the Valley Forge REACT food closet. For more info, contact Chester County Cruisers at (610) 647-0401; e-mail email@example.com
NovemberNov 6 - Chesterbrook, PA: Chester County Cruisers Cruise Night at the Chesterbrook Shopping Center. From 11 a.m. to 3. p.m. Bring one new unwrapped toy for an entrance fee. Top 20 and Best of Show awards. For more info, contact Chester County Cruisers at (610) 647-0401; e-mail chesterco firstname.lastname@example.org
DecemberDec 4 - Pomona, CA: The West Coast's Largest Antique Auto, Corvette, Porsche, Street Rod & VW Swap Meet & Car Show held at Fairplex, Pomona, CA. For more info, write George Cross & Sons, Inc., P.O. Box 3923, Tustin, CA 92781; call (714) 538-7091; visit www.pomonaswapmeet.com
The Goodguys/Eagle One Street Rod of the Year Is A Roadster Pickup!Hey, custom classic truck fans will be pleased to learn that retired Royce Glader of Fort Collins, Colorado was honored with the 2005 Goodguys/Eagle One Street Rod of the Year award for his '29 Ford roadster pickup named Loaded. Glader received the Goodguys award in front of a packed house, July 9 at the 8th Goodguys PPG Nationals at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus.
Glader's story began when he found a wildly exaggerated roadster pickup cartoon-which left an obsessive impression. From that point, he embarked on a two-year mission to bring the cartoon to life. Eric Peratt of Pinkee's Rod Shop was convinced, after much discussion, to create this unique build.
The '29 Model A from Brookville was reworked for an ultra low body-and a custom bed was attached to the pickup. Glader, Peratt, and artist Christian Dotson came up with the unique design that was covered with a color they lovingly refer to as "beer bottle"-a custom PPG blend mixed by Mark Warrick of Texas' Soncy Road body shop.
What makes Glader's roadster unique is the excessive amount of milled hand-fabricated bracketry and custom body panels. The seat supports, all hinges, the bedside supports, and countless other handmade pieces are drilled with circular patterns.
One look at the finished masterpiece and you'll shake your head in awe. CCT extends congratulations to everyone involved in building the Goodguys/Eagle One Street Rod of the Year.