In deference to Custom Classic Trucks' many Chevrolet/GMC enthusiasts, this month's websites all pertain to vintage Chevy and GMC trucks. If you have a bowtie, put it on and get twice the enjoyment from visiting these GM-centric sites. If we've missed some of your favorite internet destinations, please send suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. www.oldgmctrucks.com - This site is dedicated to old GMC trucks of all sizes and types.
2. www.classiccoe.com - Here's an internet location that caters to classic GM cabovers.
3. www.classicchevy.com - Classic Chevy International houses over 15,000 new, used, reproduction, and N.O.S. parts for vintage Chevrolet cars and trucks. They claim to have the largest indoor used parts inventory on the planet. Classic Chevy carries a wide range of products, including exterior and interior accessories, car care products, engine parts, tools, performance products, and a complete restoration line for Chevy hobbyists.
4. www.brads41-46chevys.com - Brads' '41-46 Chevys site is dedicated to the Art Deco styling-influenced Chevy pickups of the post-WWII era. Enthusiasts will find photos of these elegant haulers, as well as parts and complete project trucks for purchase.
5. www.chevrolet truckservice.com - Chevrolet Truck Service is a website for anyone interested in '55-59 Chevrolet trucks. Its sole reason for being is to give as much information as possible to the Chevy enthusiast. Bow-Tie fans rejoice!
6. www.geocities .com/motorcity/ speedway/5109 - Bowtiepickups is the home of classic Chevy/ GMC trucks produced from 1941 to 1972. This site contains inform- ation, links, clubs, parts suppliers, gifts and collectibles, photos, and restoration tips. Vehicles shown range from stock to heavily modified.
7. www.pages.zdnet.com/64 moneypit - This '60-66 Chevy truck website provides a wide variety of some of the most stylish trucks of the '60s era. Originals, restorations, restomods, and customs can all be found by visiting this internet address.
8. www.haist-usa.com/artdecotrucks - Here is yet another website that's dedicated to the '41-46 Chevrolet Streamline Moderne-styled pickups.
9. www.napco4x4.org - The online home of NAPCO can be found here. NAPCO is the company that converted the Chevy/GMC trucks from two-wheel drive to four-wheel drive back in the good old days!
10. www.groups.msn.com/Chevy ChevyandMoreChevys - Here's an online forum for fans of the vintage Chevy/GMC haulers.
Fairlane Company Has New OwnerFor the past two decades, Keith Ashley's Fairlane Company of Milford, Michigan, has been producing reproduction Ford panels and parts like their well-known F-100 tilt frontends. Recently Keith turned the company reigns over to John Garshott, a former Ford Motor Company executive. John has over 16 years experience in product development and finance and plans to continue expanding the quality product line at Fairlane Company with additional tilt frontends and replacement panels. Meantime, Keith will not be completely idle. His plans involve another company called Fairlane Group that will develop "Cool Clothes & Classic Collectibles." For more information contact Fairlane Group at (231) 271-3139 and Fairlane Company at (248) 676-9293.
EventsAugustAug 13 - WAXAHACHIE, TX: 25th Annual Waxahachie Fun Run to benefit the Texas Baptist Home for Children, held in Getzendaner Park. Open run, 8 a.m.-dark. T Bucket to be given away! For more info, call Carroll Estes at (972) 291-2958; Roy Kronenberg at (972) 617-6372; or Jim Ouimet at (972)576-0767.
Aug 14 - Costa Mesa, CA: The Tire Pros Chevy Madness at the Orange County Fairgrounds. The original show that started in 1981. Everything Chevy! The West's biggest and best companies selling goodies in the Chevy Madness Pick Your Part manufacturers marketplace. For more info, contact Horse Power Promotions at P.O. Box 1019, Santa Ynez, CA 93460; call (805) 686-2007; visit www.horsepowerpromotions.com.
AuG 20 - Cambridge, OH: 20th Annual Cambridge Classic Cruise-In Open Truck & Car Show in downtown Cambridge. 3-8 p.m. on Wheeling Ave. Awards for Best Truck and Best Car in 26 classes. For more info, contact Ken McPeck at (740) 454-0347; e-mail email@example.com
SeptemberSepT 9-11 - RIVERSIDE, MO: 6th Annual Midwest All Truck Nationals to be held at EH Young Riverfront Park; benefit for Marine Toys for Tots. For more info, visit www.alltrucknats.com; e-mail info@ alltrucknats.com.
SepT 17-18 - MEDFORD, NJ: Jersey Truck Fest at the Flying W Airport Resort. Truck show, USACI stereo contest, bikini contest, and much more! For more info, call (732) 657-8852; visit jerseytruckfest.com.
SepT 18-22 - McConnelsville, OH: 22nd Annual M&M Jaycees Fall Festival Open Truck and Auto Show at the Morgan County Fairgrounds. Includes parts swap meet, and flea market with 28 classes and 90 trophies. For more info, contact Walter Dalzell at (740) 982-4213 or (740) 962-4402.
OctoberOCT 16 - Pomona, CA: The West Coast's Largest Antique Auto, Corvette, Porsche, Street Rod & VW Swap Meet & Car Show held at Fairplex, Pomona, CA. For more info, write George Cross & Sons Inc., P.O. Box 3923, Tustin, CA 92781; call (714) 538-7091; visit www.pomonaswap meet.com.
Oct 22 - Chesterbrook, PA: Chester County Cruisers Cruise Night at the Chesterbrook Shopping Center. Entrance fee is a non-perishable food item for the Valley Forge REACT food closet. For more info, contact Chester County Cruisers at (610) 647-0401; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NovemberNov 6 - Chesterbrook, PA: Chester County Cruisers Cruise Night at the Chesterbrook Shopping Center. From 11 a.m. to 3. p.m. Bring one new unwrapped toy for an entrance fee. Top 20 and Best of Show awards. For more info, contact Chester County Cruisers at (610) 647-0401; e-mail chesterco email@example.com
DecemberDec 4 - Pomona, CA: The West Coast's Largest Antique Auto, Corvette, Porsche, Street Rod & VW Swap Meet & Car Show held at Fairplex, Pomona, CA. For more info, write George Cross & Sons, Inc., P.O. Box 3923, Tustin, CA 92781; call (714) 538-7091; visit www.pomonaswapmeet.com