Hemi In ScaleGMP's monster 392ci Hemi engine is a cleverly designed and highly detailed die-cast metal kit of a front-engine dragster motor. The block and its oil pan are molded as one piece and are available in black or bright yellow. The cylinder heads are fully engraved on both sides with good rocker-arm detail on top and a "fresh" valve job facing the piston-filled combustion chambers. Two sets of head and intake manifold gaskets are provided for assembly and display purposes. Polished valve covers and a set of chrome zoomie headers further lock the style.
The polished blower case, manifold, injectors and intake hat-pre-assembled and nicely detailed-mount atop the block and heads (located by positive pins). The finished assembly includes the ribbed Weiand blower belt, the polished magneto with its black vinyl plug wires, the braided fuel line, and a metal engine stand that screws to the heavy base plate. Use a small, strong Phillips screwdriver for assembly of the stand. You'll probably give the assembly gloves to your wife. Topping it all off is a tall, clear dome that will keep all your jealous friends' grimy paws off the Hemi for ten seconds, max. Check out their website at www.gmpdiecast.com.
EventsBelow is a listing of Goodguys' events where CUSTOM CLASSIC TRUCKS will be awarding 2005 Top Ten picks.*Jul. 15-17-18th Pacific Northwest Nationals in Puyallup, WA*Aug 26-28-19th Texaco/Havoline West Coast Nationals in Pleasanton, CA*Sept. 9-11-8th Colorado Springs Nationals in Colorado Springs, CO*Sept. 30-Oct. 1-2-13th Lone Star Nationals in Ft. Worth, TX*Oct. 28-30-12th Southeastern Nationals in Charlotte, NC
FebruaryFeb 4-5 - Indianapolis, IN: SEMA OFF Road show will be held at the Indiana Convention Center. This show is brought to you by the producers of the SEMA show in Las Vegas, and it will be for all of the off-road market. SEMA Off Road will feature products for sand sports, rock crawling, mud bogging, and desert racing. For more info, call (909) 396-0289; visit www.semaoffroad.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb 4-6 - Sacramento, CA: Sacramento Autorama at the Cal Expo Fairgrounds. For more info, contact (877) 236-0632; visit hotrodshows.com.
Feb 5 - San Juan Capistrano, CA: C.A.R.E. Show will be from 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at the San Juan Capistrano Community Center and will benefit the Capistrano Animal Rescue Effort. This event will be open to hot rods, muscle cars, classics, cruisers, imports, and trucks. There will be 30 trophies, prizes, and drawings, as well as live entertainment, celebrity guests, static displays, and a pinstriping demonstration. The entry fee is $25. For more info, contact Phillip Schwartze at (949) 240-1735; e-mail email@example.com.
Feb11-13 - Portland, OR: Portland Rod & Custom Show at the Portland Expo Center. For more info, contact (877) 236-0632; visit hotrodshows.com.
Feb 18-20 - Tulsa, OK: 41st Annual Darryl Starbird National Rod & Custom Car Show and Monster Truck Races at the Expo Square Fairgrounds. For more info, contact Darryl Starbird, 55251 E. Highway 85A, Afton, OK 74331; call (918) 257-4234; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb 24-27 - Zephyrhills, FL: 31st Annual Winter Autofest at the Zephyrhills Festival Park at U.S. 31. Includes car and trucks how, swap meet, auction, and dirt track vintage auto racing . For more info, contact (813) 258-6726; visit www.zephyrhillsfestivals.com.
Feb 25-27 - Rapid City, SD: Counts Car Show, Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. For more info, call Paul Kreun (605) 343-3616.
Feb 25-27 - San Diego, CA: 39th Annual BIG 3 Auto Parts Exchange and Car Corral at Qualcomm Stadium, I-8 at I-15. For more info, call (619) 276-7135; visit www.big3partsexchange.com.
Feb 25-27 - Seattle, WA: 6th Annual Seattle Roadster Show at the Seahawks Exhibition Center. Over 300 of the finest hot rods, custom cars, muscle cars and street machines with 160 trophies in 80 classes. For more info, contact (877) 236-0632; visit www.hotrodshows.com.
Feb 26-27 - Monticello, IA: 36th Annual Rod & Custom Car Show at the Monticello Berndes Center/Youth Center Bldg. Travel money, trophies, and cash awards for street rods, race cars, pickups, and motorcycles. For more info, contact Galen Muller at (319) 465-5119; visit www.rodandcustomcarshow.com.
Feb 27 - Richmond, IN: Vintage Wheels, Inc. 2nd Annual Late Winter Swap Meet and Car Corral at the Wayne County Fairgrounds. Located at 861 N. Salisbury Rd. For more info, call Bob (765) 966-0541.
MarchMar 11-13 - Bakersfield, CA: 46th Annual March Meet at the Famoso Raceway. Open to race cars, rods, customs, classics, and muscle cars through '72. Includes a show 'n' shine, commercial exhibits, and swap meet. For more info, contact Goodguys Rod & Custom Assn. at (925) 838-9876; visit www.good-guys.com.
Mar 11-13 - Panama City Beach, FL: 9th Annual Spring Fling will be held at Frank Brown Park. Registration for the event will start Friday the 11th, and the event will continue until Sunday. Online registration for the Spring Fling is also available. For more information, contact Doug at (850) 258-4077 or Scott at (850) 527-7465; visit www.vitalsigns.org.
Mar 18-20 - Santa Maria, CA: The Chevy/GMC Truckin' Nationals, Chevy Times Western Regionals Spring Automotive Swapmeet will be presented at the Santa Maria Fair Park. For more info, visit www.Horsepowerpromotions.com.
Mar 19-20 - Dalton, GA: The 2nd Annual March Meet will be for all hot rods, classics, and bikes. This event will be held at the North Georgia Fairgrounds. There will be a Sunday workshop service, food, and special parking for rods, classics and bikes. This event will be a rain or shine event and will have a spectator fee along with reserve able spaces. For more information, call (706) 226-8792 or (706) 278-2846; e-mail email@example.com.
Mar 19-20 - Pleasanton, CA: 23rd Annual All American Get-together at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds. All years American and American-powered cars and trucks. Commercial exhibits, huge swap meet, and cars for sale corral. For more info, contact Goodguys Rod & Custom Assn. at (925) 838-9876; visit www.good-guys.com.
10 Bitchin' Custom Classic Trucks-Related WebsitesSince many of CCT's readers will be in the midst of winter, an excellent way to while away the hours is to web-surf some hot vintage custom truck-related websites. At any of these great sites, hobbyists can find must-have components for their hobby hauler. If there's any money left after the holiday season, a good place to spend the remainder can be found somewhere on this list, if not everywhere. If we're leaving some of your favorite local web-surf spots out, please let us know. Send suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. http://www.haulinhotrods.com/ - Haulin' Hot Rods is centrally located in Ohio and on the World Wide Web. They specialize in Chevy and GMC trucks through '72. Check out all the products they offer and the cool pickup projects they're building for happy customers.
2. http://www.bobsf100.com/ - Bob's F-100 Parts provides a complete line of new and used parts for '48-67 Ford F-100 pickup trucks. Ford fans shouldn't miss this website.
3. http://woodandparts.tripod.com/ - Bruce Horkey Wood & Parts has provided wood and parts for pickups since 1980. Whether you drive a '34-99 Chevy, '28-99 Ford, or '39-99 Dodge, they can beautify your truck's bed floor with various hardwoods and stainless steel to give your pickup's bed lasting appeal.
4. http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/ - Chevs of the '40s is a huge car parts supplier of '37-54 Chevrolet car and truck parts. They stock over 8,000 different parts for Chevrolet. They're known for expertise, quality, and service.
5. http://www.chevyduty.com/ - Chevy Duty provides plenty of parts to current caretakers of '47-87 Chevy pickups. Their site also provides a Chevy truck forum for Chevy truck experts and enthusiasts alike.
6. http://classicautoair.com/ - For over 27 years, Classic Auto Air has been providing high-performance, model-specific climate control systems. They provide HVAC systems for '70s and older GM, Chrysler, and Ford applications.
7. http://www.ecklerstrucks.com/ - Eckler's Classic Chevy Trucks is the newest member of the Eckler's automotive family, which includes Eckler's Corvette Parts, Classic Chevy International, and Eckler's Camaro Parts. Following decades of Eckler's tradition, Eckler's Classic Chevy Trucks provides high-quality restoration parts, maintenance items, and accessories for Chevy truck owners.
8. http://classicindustries.com/ - Classic Industries is a huge distributor of reproduction and original GM parts for classic GM cars and trucks.
9. http://www.classicperform.com/ - Classic Performance Products is a great source for steering, brakes, and suspension systems on GM and Ford cars and trucks.
10. http://classictube.com/ - Classic Tube's tagline is, "bent on perfection." Paul and Lauren Fix founded Classic Tube in 1989 to supply the void in restoration aftermarket for replacement tubing products like brake, fuel, and transmission lines. Their tagline fits what they do perfectly.